A back muscle or ligament strain is a common cause of lower back pain. Routine or excessive heavy lifting, repetitive awkward movement, and poor posture with sudden movement may cause or contribute to muscle or ligament stretch or tears.
1. Exercise to increase strength and endurance. Abdominal and back muscle exercises are recommended.
2. Weight. Maintaining a healthy weight helps prevent back pain.
3. Standing. Maintain a neutral pelvic position when standing to reduce amount of stress placed on our back muscles.
4. Sitting. Choose an ergonomic chair with good lower back support and arm rest. Maintain your knees and hip level.
5. Lifting. Use your legs, not your back for lifting. Keep your back straight and bend your knees. Hold the load close to your body to avoid using your back.
To see a video on Chiropractic and Back Pain, click http://www.accidentwellness.com/injury466.html.