1. Avoid using the muscles you injured recently after your accident when you still have sharp pain.
2. Avoid carry things which will aggravate your shoulder injury. Holding things in odd positions may also exacerbate your pain.
3. Stretching muscles and tendons surrounding your shoulder pain joints can help.
4. Ice packs and heat pads. Use ice first when in doubt. Using heat too soon can make your injury much worse. Ask a chiropractor first before using heat.
5. Rest your body to help you heal faster.
6. Get examined by a chiropractor
Check out the following links to watch videos on auto, work and sport injuries and learn how to take care of your body.
http://www.accidentwellness.com/chiropractic/24412-auto-injuries for auto injuries
http://www.accidentwellness.com/chiropractic/24413-work-injuries for work injuries
http://www.accidentwellness.com/injury417.html for sport injuries